Spring is a very exciting time for Cottonwood Art Festival and a prestigious opportunity for those selected to be a part of this international award-winning fine art festival. The uniqueness of Cottonwood’s Emerging Artists program is that it is only available to high school and college art students.
Interested students are required to develop an art concept, an artist statement and produce images of their work. This package was submitted to their teacher for review and then sent in for jury to Cottonwood Art Festival.
By being accepted into this program students have the privilege of hanging your work at the Charles W. Eisemann Center for Performing Arts on the Mezzanine Gallery for the month of April, 2014. It also gives them the opportunity to exhibit and sell their work at Cottonwood Art Festival on May 3 and 4.
A reception is given in their honor at the Eisemann Center with a presentation of awards and scholarship money. This program only takes place in the spring and is proudly sponsored by Neighborhood Credit Union.
Congratulations to this year's Emerging Artists:
BEST OF SHOW: Stephanie Maldonado - Lake Highlands HS
2nd PLACE: Yunpeng ...Zhang - JJ Pearce HS
3rd PLACE: Clare Mills - JJ Pearce HS
HM: Lynette Sykora - Richardson HS
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD: Alex Clem - JJ Pearce HS
Also in Picture:
Gavin Nichols – Richardson Branch Manager, NCU
Kristin Armstrong – Director of Marketing, NCU
Sonia Krusleski - Art Teacher, RHS
Jason Young - Art Teacher, Lake Highlands HS
- Alex Clem - J.J. Pearce High School - People's Choice Award
- Clare Mills - J.J. Pearce High School - 3rd Place
- Elissa Barone - Lake Highlands High School
- Erika Casales - J.J. Pearce High School
- Lauren Spaulding - J.J. Pearce High School
- Lauren Toler - Berkner High School
- Lynette Sykora - Richardson High School - Honorable Mention
- Melody Miller - J.J. Pearce High School
- Renee Hooper - J.J. Pearce High School
- Stephanie Maldonado -
Lake Highlands High School - Best of Show
- Yunpeng Zhang - J.J. Pearce High School - 2nd Place
Media Note: for more information please contact Serri Ayers, Festival Director, Cottonwood Art Festival, City of Richardson, 972.744.4580 or email@example.com.